Recently I have lost motivation.
I have been exhausted not wanting to run or do much of anything.
I have missed training days.
It is partially due to my surgery so I can give myself a bit of a break..
I lack the motivation still…
I decided i needed to do something about it.
I decided to sign up for Team Philly Race Team.
Here is some information about it…
Team Philly Race Training is affiliated/endorsed by the City of Philadelphia’s marathon organization and was created to support more Philadelphia area runners of all levels, including beginner to intermediate runners in their aspirations of living healthy and becoming good runners. The training program is powered by it’s 3 founding local Philly companies: Fusion Cross-training, Excel Physical Therapy and Fitness and Philadelphia Runner.Each organization brings their special expertise, resources and services to this comprehensive and unparalleled program including: running coaching/apparel, fitness cross-training and strength conditioning, and injury prevention and treatment.
Join Team Philly Race Training to get all of the following benefits in service of a safe and satisfying Marathon experience:
- Complete Training Manual (sent electronically to the email provided)
- Kickoff Workshop (preparation, technique, apparel, strength, etc.)
- Saturday Coached Long Runs (various pace coaches)
- Weekly Short Run Meetups
- Weekly Emails with Running Program and Tips
- Discounts to Philadelphia Runner
- Free Week of Fusion Cross-training + 30% Off
- Free Sports Medicine Workshops with top local physicians and Excel’s sport therapists
- Quality Dri-Fit “Team Philly” Jersey
I think it will be a great experience for me.. which can be grueling alone, but it will also give me the opportunity to meet other people that i can run with.
A lot of my friends do NOT like to run so this is great.
It was a bit pricey however I think and really hope it will be worth it.
Tonight I am going on my first run!
I will let you know how it go!
I am excited/nervous/scared/happy!
What do you do when you begin to lack motivation?
Do you like to work out with other people?